- On October 14, 2004 the Michigan Public Service Commission issued on it's own motion, Order U-14231 to begin an investigation into future capacity requirements.
- The Capacity Need Forum (CNF) was created as a collaborative industry-wide process to assess the projected need for electrical generating capacity in Michigan over the short-, intermediate-, and long-term future. The goal is to provide policy recommendations within the current scope of the Commission's jurisdiction and under currently existing legislation, in order to assure that additional generation could be built if needed.
- The final CNF Staff report is due January 3, 2006. See Capacity Need Forum Documents in the section below for Volumes 1 and 2 of the final report.
- Volume 1 contains the Executive Summary, Report and Appendices A and B.
Volume 2 contains each work group final report (Appendices C-G) and CNF participant reponses to Staff's Sept 05 proposal (Appendix H).
Capacity Need Forum Documents
- Final Report of the CNF - Vol 1, Jan 2006 (1MB)
- Final Report of the CNF - Vol 2, Jan 2006 (6MB)
- CNF responses to Staff's Proposal, Sept 2005 (Appendix H)
- Policy Discussion, August 25, 2005
- Steering Committee Responses, August 1, 2005
- Status Report, July 1, 2005
Meeting Agendas, Minutes and Presentations
- 14 Mar 2006 Pre-filed comments on final CNF report
- 1 Feb 2006 Staff's presentation to the Legislature
- 29 Sep 2005 Agenda Presentat'n 1Presentat'n 2
- 25 Aug 2005 Agenda Presentat'n 1 Presentat'n 2 Presentat'n 3
- 18 Jul 2005 Agenda Presentat'n 1 Presentat'n 2
- 23 Jun 2005 Agenda Presentat'n 1 Presentat'n 2 Presentat'n 3
- 27 May 2005 Agenda Presentat'n 1 Presentat'n 2 Presentat'n 3
- 22 Apr 2005 Agenda Presentat'n 1 Presentat'n 2 Presentat'n 3